There are many resources for teaching younger children as well. Some of them are really, really good, others not. Here are some of my „treasures“ regarding language teaching at a primary level. There are apps, as well as collections of work sheets and exercises, and funny pictures that can be used within classroom education and beyond.
- This website provided by Hessischer Bildungsserver offers 6322 resources from different subjects, including German and English. The resources provided contain interactive exercises to train varying competencies.
- The Austrian website schule.at offers teachers a great collection of educational resources. One of my favourite educational ideas is their collection of Wimmelbilder (Hidden Object Games). A second interesting part is their toolbox Werkzeugkiste.
- This website offers exercises and worksheets for primary schools, including all subjects. Furthermore, you can find tests, pictures to be colored and seasonal materials. There is for example a worksheet generator that helps you design your own work sheets in little time.
- The acronym iSLCOLLECTIVE means Internet Second Language Collective, a collaborative project of language teachers who provide others with their materials. Their focus lies on German as a foreign/ second language. There are printables, things to be presented and pedagogical tips. If you want to download resources, registration is required.
Schul-APPS, der TU Graz
- The Graz University of Technology (@sociallearning) offers free apps for Android and/or iOS that are programmed for children. There are already apps for German, eBooks and the app Team Sketch. Hopefully, more to come 🙂
- Lehrer-online.de (@lehrer_online) is a fantastic resource for all teachers, not only language teachers. There are for example articles like klick-tipps.net: Lern-Apps und -Seiten für Kinder, which offers a wide range of learning apps and sites for kids. The Browsergame „Kolor“ helps kids get in touch with colors and their different shades. Schule.fragFINN.de: Neue Features is a perfect search engine for kids. And last but not least, Lehrer-online.de has several repositories for language teachers! Find here an overview. Unfortunately, there is no collection for Italian teachers.